Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
All our glassware and jewellery is made by hand in our studios in Bath, when purchasing customers must understand that due to the nature of the craft involved variations will occur in size, shape, colour and pattern. Images and sizes provided are for guidance only but will be adhered to as closely as possible.
Please read the enclosed information thoroughly for Memorial Glass orders. Further information and images, including FAQ, can be found on our website: www.bathaquaglass.com. If you still have questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
We only use a small amount of cremation ashes (less than 1 level teaspoon per piece) therefore we can create mixed / matched sets for the whole family to cherish. We will always return any of the ashes not included in the process.
We advise our customers that when making the memorial product there are particular technical issues that need to be understood The process of creating our handmade glass products includes adding colour to the molten glass and at a particular point we will incorporate the cremated ashes to the gather of glass which is a temperature of 1100 degrees Celsius.
Once the piece has been completed it will be placed in an annealing oven so that it soaks to one temperature from which it will then cool down up to 2 days.
With the inclusion of the ashes it is never 100% certain that this cooling down will be successful, and in some cases a crack in the glass may appear (this can often happen with glass products with various layers of colour within). Therefore we advise that you do not send us all or the last of the cremated ashes.
All Memorial Glass pieces can be engraved using our in-house engraving service. We accept family, friend and pet ashes and, unless otherwise directed, will return any unused ash to you, within the UK.
MAIL ORDERING PROCESS:
1. Complete the enclosed order form, including any engraving details. Prices can be found in the enclosed leaflet.
2. We will provide you with two bags. Bag One: Write your name and Order Number. Bag Two: Please retain incase of breakages or losses.
3. Place one level teaspoon of ash per item bag (in both bags) and seal tightly (cufflinks count as one item).
4. Put your order form, ashes and cheque* (if appropriate) in the envelope provided, with our correct name and address provided.
5. If you are able to deliver the ashes directly to us please call Judith Devereux for an appointment on 01225 319606 or email us at email@example.com.
Please note: Bath Aqua Glass are not liable for any packages lost in transit.
When we receive your ashes we will contact you to confirm receipt.
If paying by card over the phone, we will take the payment details at this point. Note - we cannot accept American Express.
Please note all our pieces are handmade to order and delivery time will depend on the colour chosen and our schedule at the time. However, we aim for all orders to be completed within 6 weeks.
We will notify you again once your order has been dispatched, please let us know if you plan to be away or require your parcel to be left with a neighbour.
Please note: Not all couriers and postal services accept cremains therefore, if you are arranging your own delivery, we recommend that you check with your chosen postal supplier for the correct postage prices and terms of carriage before sending your ashes to us.
Bath Aqua Glass are not responsible for postage courier losses. Your grievances will be with your chosen courier, and is taken at your own risk.
Items ordered online must be paid for in full at time of ordering, payment is accepted by credit / debit card or via PayPal. We can accept payment by personal cheque or in person by cash (we never recommend cash to be sent through the post) but orders paid for in this way will need to be placed via phone or email or in person and full payment received before postage of goods.
Your card payment will be processed in GBP Sterling and your receipt will show GBP Sterling prices. If your card is held in a different currency, your card issuer will charge you the Currency Exchange Rate in use for that day and this will be shown on your monthly statement. Please note that any refund will be made in GBP and your card issuer will refund you using the Exchange Rate that is in use for that day and this could be different to the original rate you was charged when making your payment. Your card issuer may also levy a currency conversion charge and/or a transaction fee, and this may not be reversed in the event of any refund or order cancellation. This means that your refund could be slightly more or less than you have originally paid and we will not be responsible for this difference.
Shipping prices depend on weight and size of order and are calculated from the items in your 'Basket' and which delivery method is chosen.
Within the UK, goods will be sent via Courier Delivery which will require a signature on receipt.
European orders will be sent via standard European Airmail which usually takes approximately 5 days from the day it is sent.
Orders to the US and Rest of World can be sent via airmail which usually takes up to 2 weeks from date sent or via surface mail which takes up to 12 weeks. Items weighing over 2kg can only be sent via surface mail.
We ship all items as soon as possible and aim to fulfill all UK standard stock orders within 30 days unless an item needs to be made.
If the item is a 'made to order' piece - as indicated on the product description page - this can take 4-6 weeks to be made plus delivery time. If unsure please contact us before placing an order for a delivery estimate.
Order Cancellations / Returns Policy
Customers have the right to cancel orders up to and including 7 working days after the day which they receive the goods to receive a full refund including delivery charges. Refunds will be made within 30 days of order cancellation.
The customer returning goods due to a cancelled order is responsible for all return delivery costs.
Customers must take reasonable care of goods and when returning items must ensure they are suitably packed to ensure they are not damaged in transit. If the consumer does not exercise reasonable care and the goods are damaged in transit, the customer will be charged for breach of this statutory duty.
Cancellations should be made in writing (via post, email or fax) although can be informed over the phone but must be confirmed in writing also. (If cancellation made by post the 7 working day limit will apply to the day the letter is posted, not the date letter received by us).
If goods are faulty or incorrect items received the customer will be refunded the return postage costs.
Unused Items can be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund but once the 7 day cancellation period has expired, only the item price will be refunded not the delivery charge, and the customer is also responsible for costs of return.
Customers CAN NOT cancel or return orders for goods made to a customers specifications eg personal commissions & engraved items.
Terms & Conditions
- As a craft that involves the use of molten glass and related equipment there are some hazards involved. If instruction is followed you will be safe but care should be taken at all times to minimise the risk of injury to yourself or others. A health and safety briefing will take place at the start of every course, please listen carefully and adhere to all instructions given by the course teacher.
Payment & Cancellations
- 3 weeks in advance of your course date - we offer 50% refund or one free date change.
- 2 weeks in advance of your course date - we offer one free date change.
- Cancellations received with less than 2 weeks notice - no refund or date change will be offered.
- If a date change has been given, no subsequent refunds or date changes can be offered.
- We reserve the right to cancel courses if there are insufficient numbers to make them viable or if due to technical problems. We will endeavour to give as much notice as possible if this situation arises. In the event of a course cancellation we will offer an alternative date or full refund, Bath Aqua Glass cannot accept liability for consequential loss e.g. travel or accommodation costs in these circumstances.
(Goods ordered via the Internet, post, phone or fax without the customer having physically inspected the goods are covered by the Distance Selling Regulations)