Half Day INTERMEDIATE Glassblowing Course
This intermediate level glassblowing course is a development of the skills learnt on our beginners level paperweight course.
You will receive tuition from one of our experienced glassblowers with a maximum of 3 students per teacher so you will receive plenty of individual attention to help you develop your ability in order to create some beautiful works of art. During the day your basic glassmaking skills will be refreshed and built upon by introducing you to the art of blowing glass. Using traditional glassblowing techniques and tools you will learn to colour and form the molten glass into a small vase, small bowl or small frilly bowl in the colours of your choice
The pieces you make during the course will need to cool down slowly overnight and can be collected from the studio from the following Monday or we can post them to you.
Course Dates: Saturday Mornings
Upcoming course dates to be arranged, please contact us if you are interested in attending.
Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
Price: £115 per person (includes all materials and equipment required, tea or coffee and postage of your piece if required)
*PLEASE NOTE this is an intermediate level course and you must have attended our half day taster course (or equivalent elsewhere).*
To book please call 01225 428146 or fill in the form below and we will get back to you:
COURSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- As a craft that involves the use of molten glass and related equipment there are some hazards involved. If instruction is followed you will be safe but care should be taken at all times to minimise the risk of injury to yourself or others. A health and safety briefing will take place at the start of every course, please listen carefully and adhere to all instructions given by the course teacher.
- The minimum age to take part in a glassblowing course is 16 and due to the nature of the craft is not suitable for pregnant women. Glassblowing is a physical craft with lots of moving around the (often vey warm) studio and using tools and equipment that require a certain level of physical handling if you have any concers regarding the suitability of the course for you due to any medical conditions etc please contact us for advice.
- Please wear suitable clothing with no loose sleeves etc preferably natural fibres, sensible shoes with no heels or open toes and long hair must be tied back.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATIONS
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking to secure your place.
- Cancellation policy:
- 4 weeks in advance of your course date - we offer a full refund or one free date change.
- 3 weeks in advance of your course date - we offer 50% refund or one free date change.
- 2 weeks in advance of your course date - we offer one free date change.
- Cancellations received with less than 2 weeks notice - no refund or date change will be offered.
If a date change has been given, no subsequent refunds or date changes can be offered.
- We reserve the right to cancel courses if there are insufficient numbers to make them viable or if due to technical problems. We will endeavour to give as much notice as possible if this situation arises. In the event of a course cancellation we will offer an alternative date or full refund, Bath Aqua Glass cannot accept liability for consequential loss e.g. travel or accommodation costs in these circumstances.